Ron Mueck provávelmente o melhor escultor que já vi, do macro ao micro, uma viagem pelos sentidos.
The “psychological confrontation for the viewer is to recognize and assimilate two contradictory realities”. However, the real magical appeal of Mueck’s sculptures lie in the meticulous process, which begins with…
1. Crafting of a series of small clay models - this enables him decide on figure positioning.
2. Mueck then creates a series of drawings in different sizes - this enables him to make decisions about scale.
3. Next, Mueck sculpts the figure in clay - this includes fine details of expression and skin texture.
4. A mould of the sculpture is made using silicone (or in the case of larger works, fibreglass).
5. Mueck completes the process by meticulously painting (by hand) finer details (like veins and skin tones) on the surface, before finally sculpting the eyes, bringing his creations to life.